Skip to main content

Israeli hacker steals 85,000 Facebook logins from Arab users of the social network


By Emil Protanlinski for ZDNet

Summary: An Israeli hacker who goes by the name Hannibal this week stole 85,000 Facebook logins from Arab users of the social network, as part of an online hacker war being fought in the Middle East.


In case you’ve been sleeping under a rock (or were understandably distracted by what Anonymous is up to), you may not know that Israel and Saudi Arabia are currently in the middle of a hacker war. In addition to millions of e-mail accounts, bank accounts, and credit cards, information from Facebook, or more specifically, from the users of the world’s biggest social network, has been stolen.

Earlier this week, an Israeli hacker, who calls himself Hannibal online, managed to obtain the Facebook credentials (e-mail addresses and passwords) of 85,000 “helpless Arabs.” He then proceeded to post them on Pastebin, a simple website that allows anyone to upload text (usually code) for public viewing. He first posted 20,000 logins on Sunday, then 30,000 logins on Monday, then 10,000 logins on Tuesday, and finally 25,000 logins on Wednesday. On Thursday, Hannibal went silent.

I will not be linking directly to the Pastebin posts in question, because they do still have e-mail addresses and passwords that work, but I do believe the headers of Hannibal’s pastes are relevant.

January 15, 2012:

#######################################
20,000 Arabs Facebook Accounts
Hacked By Hannibal
(For more accounts follow me pastebin.com/u/hannibal)
Contact me : hannibal@inbox.com
I have 30 Million Emails&Passwords of Arabs.
( Every day i will post 2000-100,000 Depends on my mood )
Enjoy it And Share

#######################################

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#######################################
#######################################
#######################################

A warning to the State of Iran and Saudi Arabia *

In addition, I have 10 million bank accounts of the countries of Iran and Saudi Arab. If Iran continues to threaten Israel and already this week I will publish the private bank accounts and thus make them billions of dollars in damages estimated

#######################################
#######################################
#######################################

January 16, 2012:

Hello there
I noticed that poor intelligence of 0x omar and his friends.
State of Israel, not to worry, you’re in the hands of the world’s best hacker that I am.
I will continue to support the government of Israel will continue to attack the Arab countries
In addition, I received thousands of emails helpless Arabs, who are begging me to stop publishing the Facebook accounts because it violates their browsing experience.
I have about 30 million e-mails of Arabs with passwords I’ll post them throughout my life and my personal list is growing every day hundreds of thousands of emails
Also, I received hundreds of emails of senior politicians from France and other countries, who asked me not to publish the list of the 10 million my bank accounts.
So guys, if the state’s chief Benny Gantz, or Prime Minister Netanyahu declare cyber war, I will have to publish the list of 10 million bank accounts. In addition I also have about 4 million credit cards. Just give a command and i will do it !!
Well guys, I will continue the tradition of mine.
Today will publish about 30,000 accounts Facebook & E-mails
Go Work Jews And Israel !
Begin to corrupt!
Your
Hannibal

contact email : hannibal@inbox.com

#############################################
New List Of 30,000 Facebook&Emails Accounts Hacked By Hannibal
Date : 16.1.2012
############################################

January 17, 2012:

Here Hannibal
Currently, I published on 100,000 emails and Facebook accounts of Arabs and Muslims around the world
And I will continue to publish tens of thousands every day, after all I have got about 30 million e-mails of Arabs.
Unfortunately today I received an email from Mohammad Reza Rahimi who threatens that would raise most of his men to find me and kill me
I assure you Mr. Fool, you can keep looking as you want, you will not find me even if you have a staff of 1,000 people who search for and carry out search for information about me.
I post today about 10,000 Facebook and email accounts.
In addition, I give hackers attacking the State of Israel a huge threat from me.
Soon I will reveal another surprise. The most cruel surprise. Be prepared to Arabs!
Follow me to get more updates : pastebin.com/u/hannibal
contact email : hannibal@inbox.com

#################################################

New list of 10,000 Emails And Facebook Accounts Of Arabs Hacked By Hannibal
17.1.12
contact email : hannibal@inbox.com

#################################################

January 18, 2012:

Hi
I now publish the letter he sent me deputy prime minister of Iran
Funny to me that he had time to go into a mailbox and curse and threaten me ..
Mr. Muhammad, you do not scare anyone! You never find me !!!!!
Say thank you at least who censored you the email ..
Link to the picture :
http://i40.tinypic.com/143mkpk.png
State of Iran, I’m so going to teach you a lesson soon
Today I post about 25 000 e-mail accounts and Facebook accounts of arabs to my new permanent procedure.. On Saturday night I will publish new list of 100,000 emails and Facebook accounts

Hannibal
contact email : hannibal@inbox.com

#############################
New List Of 25,000 Emails And Facebook Accounts Of Arabs Hacked By Hannibal
18.1.12
#############################


Facebook’s automated systems quickly sprang into action this week. Some of the logins don’t work because users have already changed their passwords. Others still do, but Facebook prompts these users and tells them they’re trying putting in an old password (see screenshot above). In other words, while some of the accounts were accessed by other users after Hannibal stole them, Facebook appears to have (automatically) locked all these accounts down so nobody can access them. If you’re the owner of the account, you’ll have to go through the process of resetting your password so that you can access it again.

I have contacted Facebook for more information and will update you if I hear back. more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Coronavirus-free' Gaza prepares for the worst

Until now, the besieged Gaza Strip has stayed free of  the novel coronavirus  spreading across the world. As the Gaza Strip has been under a stringent Israeli-led blockade for nearly 13 years, the spread of the coronavirus - officially known as COVID-19 - has become the topic of discussion for many Palestinians, with  some joking  that the blockade was preventing them from being exposed.But as authorities in the coastal Palestinian enclave gear up to contain any potential outbreak, serious questions have arisen about the risks and implications of such a scenario.  But given its already difficult humanitarian situation and high population density, an outbreak in the Gaza Strip could prove to be catastrophic, health officials have warned.  "If the virus enters Gaza and spreads, it will get out of hand," Gaza Ministry of Health spokesperson Majdi Thuhair told Middle East Eye, as he explained that a severe shortage of resources and personnel would make it near impossible

Boycott of New York diamond dealer launched to protest settlement construction

Members of Adalah NY call for boycott of Leviev for its crimes against Palestinians and South Africans New York, NY, May 9 – On the day before Mother’s Day, 40 New York human rights advocates gathered at the Leviev jewelry store on Madison Avenue and called on throngs of weekend Madison Avenue shoppers to boycott Israeli diamond mogul Lev Leviev over his companies’ construction of Israeli settlements on Palestinian land in West Bank villages including Bil’in and Jayyous. Mother’s Day is one of the biggest jewelry shopping periods in the US annually. The New York protest came as controversy is growing in Norway over Norwegian government investments in Leviev’s company Africa-Israel . The New York protesters also commemorated Bassem Abu Rahma from Bil’in who was shot to death by Israeli soldiers last month during a peaceful protest against the construction on Bil’in’s land of Israel’s wall and of the Mattityahu East settlement by a Leviev company. Thanks to vivapalestina.us (not co

Support striking Palestinian quarry workers demanding their rights from Israeli employer

On 16 June, 35 Palestinian workers at Salit Quarries in Mishor Adumim (in area C, east of Jerusalem, in the Occupied West Bank) began a strike. The workers, organized with the independent union WAC-Ma'an, are demanding an end to exploitation and humiliation, and insist on signing a first collective agreement. Salit Quarries’ main customer is Readymix Industries (Israel). The total reliance of Salit Quarry on Readymix as their biggest and by far the most important customer puts responsibility on Readymix to make sure that their clients abides by labour laws and safeguards elementary rights for the workers of Salit. We call upon Readymix to urge the Salit management to terminate this unnecessary strike by signing the collective agreement with the workers and WAC-Ma’an. Click this protest link to send your message. The text of the message is as follows: I write to you to express my grave concern about the failure of Salit management to sign a collective agreement with the workers of