Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Delegation of prisoners and martyrs' children leaves Gaza heading to Tunisia


GAZA, (PIC)-- A delegation of martyrs’ and prisoners' children in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip leaves on Wednesday to Tunisia to attend several official and popular events under an official invitation of the President of the Republic Moncef Marzouki in a several-day visit.

The head of the delegation Amer Gussain, the General Director of the Palestinian Prisoners Ministry, said that the delegation, including twenty prisoners and martyrs' children, will leave Gaza on Wednesday to attend popular and official events in Tunisia in a several-day visit.

He explained that the delegation includes the sons of prisoners and martyrs from various factions of the Palestinian people. The children, aged between 15 to 18 years old, will represent the sons of prisoners and martyrs in the first visit to the capital of Tunisia, he added. more

Israeli court dismisses claim of surviving al-Daya family who lost 22 members in Gaza war


The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights said in a press release that in further evidence of the Israeli judiciary's complicity with impunity, and a continued denial of access for Palestinian victims to justice, the Israeli Central Court in Nazareth issued a decision on 05 September 2012 dismissing a claim filed on behalf of the al-Daya family, who lost 22 family members during the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip known as "Operation Cast Lead." The court claimed that the victims were killed in the course of a military operation and Israel is not responsible for their deaths.

The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR), in its capacity as the legal representative for the only surviving member of the family, was informed of the decision on 10 September 2012.

Israeli newspapers quoted the Israeli judge: "The casualty was not intended. In all wars, there are mistakes that may lead to deaths on both sides. In wars, each party is fully responsible for the damage incurred to its members or to civilians, but not the damage incurred to the other party." more

Take action: Help bring 16-year-old Jalaal Daraghmah home


What would you do if 30 men armed with sticks and guns stormed into your home beat your little brothers and began beating your mother and ripping her clothes?

On August 28 this happened to sixteen year old Jalaal Daraghmah. He did his best to protect his family. He grabbed a pick used for gardening, and stood at the door of his house and told the settlers he would not let anyone in. When one of them tried to enter by force Jalaal hit him with the pick. The Israeli police arrived on the scene, and they ignored the two little boys that were beaten so badly they needed to be hospitalized, the mothers bruises and torn dress, and the family’s car that had been completely destroyed by the settlers. They instead arrested Jalaal and his father Khalid. No settlers were sought for questioning or detained. The Israeli press treated what happened as a “terror attack” and dubbed It a“Axe Attack”. Jalaal has been in Israeli custody since.

Jalaal’s little brother, Nour al-Deen being treated in an ambulance after the attack. (Photo courtesy of Wafia – International Communities Against Israel).

Starting today until Thursday Jalaal can be released on a five thousand shekel bail ($1300) Jalal’s family can not afford to free him. With your help they can bring him home before the long holidays that will force him to remain in Israeli custody.

Please send what you can through the ISM donate link make sure to send an email to palreports@gmail.com to say how much you have donated for Jalaal’s release.

For the past four years the Daraghmah family have faced regular attacks by Israeli settlers at their home in Khan al-Lubban, simply for attempting to remain on their land. Help Bring Jalaal home to his family.

For more information on the attacks click here.

Israeli-American filmmaker's anti-Islam film provokes outrage - US ambassador to Libya killed


An Israeli filmmaker went into hiding on Tuesday after his movie attacking Islam's Prophet Muhammad sparked angry assaults by Muslims on U.S. diplomatic missions in Egypt and in Libya, where one American was killed.

Speaking by phone from an undisclosed location, writer and director Sam Bacile remained defiant, saying Islam is a cancer and that he intended his film to be a provocative political statement condemning the religion.

Protesters angered over Bacile's film opened fire on and burned down the U.S.consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, killing an American State Department officer on Tuesday. In Egypt, protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo and replaced an American flag with an Islamic banner.

Bacile, a California real estate developer in his fifties who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, said he believes the movie will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world. "

"Islam is a cancer, period," he repeatedly said in a solemn, accented tone.

The two-hour movie, "Innocence of Muslims," cost $5 million to make and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, said Bacile, who wrote and directed it.

The film claims Muhammad was a fraud. An English-language 13-minute trailer on YouTube shows an amateur cast performing a wooden dialogue of insults disguised as revelations about Muhammad, whose obedient followers are presented as a cadre of goons. more

Israel to transfer 250 million shekels to Palestinian Authority


Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, ordered the transfer of the first payment of 250 Million New Israeli Shekels to the Palestinian Authority (PA) in the West Bank due to the sharp financial crisis the PA is facing.

The money is Palestinian Tax and customs revenue Israel collects on behalf of P.A. on border terminals leading to the West Bank as the P.A. has no control or even presence on border terminals.

The office of Netanyahu reported that the Prime Minister consulted the Israeli Finance Minister, Yuval Steinitz, on the issue through Netanyahu’s personal envoy Yitzhak Molho.

During a press conference with his Bulgarian counterpart in Jerusalem, on Monday at noon, Netanyahu said that Israel is acting on different levels “to help the P.A. overcome its financial crisis”. more