Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Israel demolishes homes of alleged attackers at Netanyahu's urging


JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Tuesday demolished two homes belonging to the families of Palestinians who carried out attacks on Israelis last year, just hours after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called for a new process to expedite home demolitions.

Locals in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabal al-Mukabbir told Ma'an that early on Tuesday morning Israeli forces stormed the homes of Muhammad Jaabis and Ghassan Abu Jamal and demolished them with explosives.

Ghassan Abu Jamal was shot dead along with his cousin, Uday, after they killed four Israelis in a high-profile attack on a synagogue in November last year. Separately, Jaabis was shot dead when he ran an excavator into an Israeli bus, killing one and injuring several others.

Locals said that neighboring homes sustained damage during Tuesday's demolitions.

Meanwhile, in a third house, also in East Jerusalem, Israelis forces filled a room with concrete.

Israeli forces stormed and ransacked the home of Mutaz Hijazi's family in Silwan neighborhood, before filling Hijazi's former room with concrete.

Hijazi was shot dead on the roof of the house on Oct. 30, 2014, after he was accused of the attempted assassination of right-wing Jewish activist Yehuda Glick. more

0 comments:

Post a Comment