Tuesday, 28 April 2015

14-year-old shot by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip in critical condition


GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- A 14-year-old Palestinian is in critical condition and has been transferred to Ramallah for treatment after he was hit by a stray Israeli bullet on Friday at his home in the central Gaza Strip, his family said Tuesday.

The family of Fadi Abu Mandil, 14, said that the teen will undergo surgery in his spine as he is currently unable to walk.

His uncle told Ma'an that the child was hit with a stray Israeli bullet while studying at his home when Israeli forces opened fire on Palestinian farmers.

On Friday medical sources said that the 14-year-old from al-Mughazi refugee camp had been transferred to Shuhada al-Aqsa Hospital in Deir al-Balah city.

Israeli forces were again firing on Gazan farmers on Tuesday, damaging property and forcing farmers to flee their land, and on Sunday, they shot and injured a 37-year-old man. more

Critically injured Palestinian youth dies of his wounds


Palestinian medical sources have reported, on Tuesday at dawn that the young man who was shot and critically injured on Monday evening, near the northern West Bank city of Jenin, died of his wounds.

The sources said Mohammad Murad Yahia, 21 years of age, died in a hospital in the northern West Bank city of Nablus. Eyewitnesses said Israeli soldiers shot the young man, while standing near the Annexation Wall section in al-‘Arqa village, without any provocation or prior warning.

Resident ‘Asef Wakid said Yahia and his cousins, Aymad and Emad, were in their families' orchards, close to the “Shaked” illegal Israeli colony, when the soldiers shot and killed Yahia in cold blood.

Wakid stated that a soldier fired one round at Yahia causing a serious injury, before the army kidnapped his cousins Ayman and Emad.

The Palestinians were walking and picnicking in their orchard with the soldiers killed Yahia, eyewitnesses confirmed. more

Israel responsible for Gaza strikes on UN schools and shelters, inquiry finds

br> From The Guardian - Israel was responsible for striking seven United Nations sites used as civilian shelters during the 2014 Gaza war in which 44 Palestinians died and 227 others were injured, an inquiry ordered by UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon has concluded.



Releasing the report on Monday, Ban condemned the attacks “as a matter of the utmost gravity” and said “those who looked to them for protection and who sought and were granted shelter there had their hopes and trust denied”.



Ban insisted that UN locations were “inviolable”.



The issue is particularly sensitive as the locations of all UN buildings – including schools used as shelters – are routinely provided to the Israeli military and updated in times of conflict.



Ban’s criticism was contained in the published summary letter of a confidential internal report, commissioned by the secretary general in November, running to 207 pages. more