BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces launched an air attack on the Gaza strip during the early hours of Thursday morning, an official Israeli statement said.
The statement said the airstrikes "targeted a Hamas weapon manufacture facility located in the Central Gaza Strip."
No injuries have been reported.
Israeli authorities said the airstrikes followed a rocket allegedly fired from the strip, which landed in Israel's Eshkol Regional Council, but caused no injuries or damage.
"The rocket attacks emanating from the Gaza Strip put Israeli civilians in harm's way and endanger entire communities. The IDF does not tolerate any attempt to undermine the security of Southern Israel. The Hamas terror organization is responsible for today's attack against Israel," Israeli army spokespersonPeter Lerner, said in the statement.
No group has taken responsibility for the alleged rocket fire, but Israeli authorities have previously expressed that the Israeli government holds Hamas, as the elected ruling party, responsible for any activity within the enclave.
Earlier this month Israeli forces injured four Palestinians during a bombing near Nuseirat refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip. more