Saturday, 2 January 2016

Preparations underway for Hebron-area funerals of 17 Palestinians


Preparations were underway in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron Saturday morning for the burial of 17 bodies of Palestinians returned by Israeli authorities the night before.

Relatives and friends of the Palestinians whose bodies were returned gathered in the early hours of morning at Hebron's al-Ahli hospital in order to retrieve bodies from the morgue and bring them home in preparation for the funeral.

Hebron District Attorney Alaa Tamimi told Ma’an that since the bodies were transferred Friday evening, forensic doctors had examined the bodies in the presence of Hebron's District Attorney and the Palestinian Attorney-General Abd al-Ghani Uweiwi.

Tamimi said that the autopsies showed that all 17 had been “executed” without being given any medical treatment after being shot.

Amid accusations that Israel has harvested organs from the bodies of Palestinians shot while suspected of carrying out attacks on Israelis, Tamimi said: “Autopsies showed that the Israeli occupation hasn’t operated on the bodies or stolen any organs." more